Re: menus; syntax highlighting does not seem to work (SUSE 10.0 Linux)

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: menus; syntax highlighting does not seem to work (SUSE 10.0 Linux)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 23:14:26 +0200

Am 23.04.2006 um 14:02 schrieb Karl Sommer & Meryl Hale:

However, I soon noticed that the menus cannot be invoked with the mouse

Is your Emacs running as X client or without windows inside a terminal emulation? Then it's normal.

my tex files do not show any syntax highlighting after invoking M-x
font-lock-mode except for some characters that are changed to bold typeface.
There is however no colour.

You don't switch on or off font-lock-mode interactively! Try something like this (XEmacs compliant):

        (cond ((fboundp 'global-font-lock-mode)
           ;; Turn on font-lock in all modes that support it
           (global-font-lock-mode 1)
        ;   (setq font-lock-multiline 'undecided')
           (setq jit-lock-stealth-verbose t)
           (setq jit-lock-mode t)
        ;   (setq jit-lock-stealth-load 80)
           ;; Maximum colors
           (setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)))
; (setq font-lock-maximum-decoration '((tex-mode . 2) (latex-mode . 2) (t . t)))

--
Greetings

  Pete                           <]
             o        __o         |__    o       HPV, the real
    ___o    /I       -\<,         |o \  -\),-%     high speed!