Re: anybody home???

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: anybody home???
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:23:48 +1000

Gary R Buell <grbuell@usgs.gov> writes:

> concerning my original request for help with postscript printing Emacs
> buffers, i have figured out that the problem apparently sits with 21.3.
>
> 20.7 works with the settings specified in your online manual (browse with
> info to 'emacs>postscript variables').
>
> the 21.3 documentation does not indicate any changes in the
> postscript-printing setup.
>
> there obviously are some changes.
>
> if you can help me with postscript printing in 21.3, i would appreciate it
> -- i like 21.3 better than 20.7 but i need to be able to print.

I don't know for certain, but emacs is usually pretty good at
detailing user visible changes between versions in the NEWS and
PROBLEMS files which come as part of the emacs dist. Have a look in
them and see if that gives you some indication of what to do - often
this information is more up to date than the documentation which can
slip a bit behind (we all know how much developers like doing docs!).

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au