Re: Elisp function(s) to get the most recent n urls in a buffer

From: vfoley
Subject: Re: Elisp function(s) to get the most recent n urls in a buffer
Date: 19 Jun 2006 08:16:13 -0700

You know that I'm not expert, but without looking at how you wrote your
function, here's the solution I came up with:

(defun get-last-urls (count)

  (let ((urls '()))

    (save-excursion

      (while (< (length urls) count)

        (search-backward-regexp "\\(http://.*\\)\\b")

        (add-to-list 'urls (match-string 0))))

    urls))

It seems cleaner than your version and doesn't use a global variable.
Upon looking at your code, I see that you specifiy the line at which
you want to start looking, that would be easy to add.

Vince