Re: emacs for winXP and spell checking??

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: emacs for winXP and spell checking??
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:01:23 +0100

It's me FKtPp ;) wrote:
Johs32 wrote:
I have installed emacs for winXP, but how do I enable some kind og spell checking?

Johs

1. Install aspell for w32. http://aspell.net/win32/
2. add aspell.exe's directory to your PATH variable.
3. add (setq ispell-program-name "aspell") to your .emacs

Done

You might also want to set the dictionary to use by adding
(setq ispell-dictionary 'british)
to your .emacs

flyspell-mode and flyspell-prog-mode are handy
if you want background spell checking,

otherwise use M-x ispell-buffer, M-x  ispell-region, M-x ispell-word
to check the speling

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.