Simple elisp question

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Simple elisp question
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 13:47:33 -0400

Here's a basic elisp question:

I want to use the value of a variable within a list, rather than the
name of the variable. How do I do this? Here's the code in question.

(setq gnus-select-method
      '(nntp "news_server"))

I want to replace the hard-coded "news_server" with the value of a
variable I've defined called my_news_server defined with
  (setq my_news_server "news_server")

I apologize for the basic nature of the quesiton, but I've not been
able to find an answer in the elisp manual.

- Chris

--
     (.   .)