Re: What's wrong with this elisp code?

From: Jeff Miller
Subject: Re: What's wrong with this elisp code?
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:53:17 -0400

ken writes:

 > > I think this variable is only used inside of some let statements and
 > > not available for general use.
 >
 > My elisp skills are limited, but I'm tending to agree with you.  I
 > haven't found a specific "(defvar diary-entries-list)" in any of the
 > files related to the calendaring or diary functions.

I know I managed to use it in a lisp function once before.  I think I
had to use diary-hook to run the function though.  I'll have to look
at it closer later on.   I'm heading out tonight and will be away all
week.

 > > If you use this in your emacs-diary-day.el, does it get you closer to
 > > what you want?
 > >
 > > (let* ((diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display)
 > >        (diary-list-include-blanks t)
 > >        (text (progn (list-diary-entries (calendar-current-date) 1)
 > >                (set-buffer fancy-diary-buffer)
 > >                (buffer-substring (point-min) (point-max)))))
 > >   (find-file "emacs-diary-day")
 > >   (erase-buffer)
 > >   (insert text))
 > > (save-buffer)
 > >

 > The error I'm getting with this is a little different:

 > Symbol's function definition is void: list-diary-entries

Ah, I think it's missing diary-lib, try invoking it like this:

emacs -batch -l diary-lib -l /home/jmiller/local/lisp/emacs-diary-day.el

Or add (require 'diary-lib) at the beginning of emacs-diary-day.el.

 > Thanks for the effort though,
 > ken

Jeff

--