Re: Pasting into emacs..with certain characters..

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Pasting into emacs..with certain characters..
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:30:13 -0600

harel barzilai wrote:
Hi,

Mostly I am copying from my browser, which is firefox. Articles on the
web etc..having
quotes, single quotes, dashes, things like that. That accounts for 95%+
of my
copying-from locations if not 100%.

Where I'm copying into is emacs 21 (latest is 21.4.1) on my
dreamhost.com
account into which I ssh or telnet...I was using the standard terminal
on
Xanxros, but I just switched from Xandros to Ubuntu for my home OS..but
the same
things happened on my office computer last year (which was running
windows..I'm
on sabbatical out of state so I can't look up the exact windows ssh
client right now..)
so it doesn't seem to matter which ssh/telnet client to use...but if
there is a client
to use on linux that (a) has nice features overall as an ssh client
and (b) you know from experience doesn't have a problem being
pasted-into
from "rich" text copied from a browser, that would be great, that would
be exactly what I could use. Thanks,

What do `C-h v keyboard-coding-system' and `C-h v selection-coding-system'
display?  Are those values correct for that environment?

--
Kevin