Re: X commands not forwarding

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: X commands not forwarding
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 23:36:26 +0200

Am 24.08.2006 um 22:14 schrieb lackita:

It appears that it isn't linked against any X libraries. My next question
would therefore be how I could modify the program to link against such
libraries.

Install a C compiler and install the X11 developer packages. Then configure GNU Emacs with '--with-x' and look at the end of configure's output. There it should be mentioned that X libraries where found:

  What window system should Emacs use?                    x11
  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          LUCID
Where do we find X Windows header files? /usr/X11R6/ include Where do we find X Windows libraries? /usr/X11R6/ lib

Then compile and install!

If configure did not find X, then better get a pre-compiled version.

--
Greetings

  Pete       (: