Re: rmail and quoted-printable

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: rmail and quoted-printable
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 17:58:37 +0200

   From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>

   > From: maillaxa@gmail.com
   > Date: 1 Sep 2006 15:05:32 -0700
   >
   > > Xavier Maillard wrote:
   > > > I can't find an elegant solution to deal with all these mails sent
   > > > with QP encoded body.
   > > >
   > > > What is exactly the way to go either with GNU Emacs (directly) or
   > > > using external programs.
   > >
   > > Emacs: Gnus or VM
   >
   > I do not want to change my rmail solution for my mails. The question
   > was more on how to decode qp in rmail than what MUA I could use.

   Please explain what would qualify as ``an elegant solution'', then.
   The infrastructure is there: we have the function
   mail-unquote-printable-region to do the actual work.

A solution that would just work could be enough. I played with
procmail, rmime.el, etach.el and even rmail-mime.el but that just does
not work.

rmime.el just groks the mail content ...
etach.el is ok when we talk about attaching/detaching
rmail-mime.el is really too old and just does not integrate well

As of procmail, I looked many recipes but *none* of them did anything
interesting with that (except adding many X- headers ...)

So if you just have something working -i.e. something that permits to
read my mails successfully, I would qualify this as elegant :)

Regards
--
Xavier