Re: Regexp for marking source code

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: Regexp for marking source code
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 04:06:28 +0000 (UTC)

In article <44d8c969$1@news.greennet.net>,
Ken Goldman  <kgold@watson.ibm.com> wrote:
>The dired Q command seems quite useful, but
>regexp syntax is obscure enough that I can't quite
>get what I want.

What *is* this dired "Q" command?

I got into a dired-buf, did C-h k, and typed in Q,
and got this:

q runs the command quit-window
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `window'.
It is bound to q.
(quit-window &optional KILL WINDOW)

Quit the current buffer.  Bury it, and maybe delete the selected frame.
(The frame is deleted if it is contains a dedicated window for the buffer.)
With a prefix argument, kill the buffer instead.

Noninteractively, if KILL is non-nil, then kill the current buffer,
otherwise bury it.

If WINDOW is non-nil, it specifies a window; we delete that window,
and the buffer that is killed or buried is the one in that window.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

David