Re: Jump to man page buffer

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Jump to man page buffer
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:26:27 -0600

Hadron Quark wrote:
Out of curiosity what would the function be called to "jump to named
buffer"? I had written my first bit of lisp to construct a legitimate
buffer name but "switch to buffer" switches the named buffer into the
current one, so I had 2 buffers with the manpage in :)

See the Displaying Buffers [in Windows] node of the Emacs Lisp manual,
which describes the details.  Generally the best way to respect the
user's preferences is to use pop-to-buffer.

--
Kevin