Re: AucTeX 11.83 and MikTeX 2.5

From: yaakov . oshman
Subject: Re: AucTeX 11.83 and MikTeX 2.5
Date: 20 Sep 2006 02:04:32 -0700

Hi,

I have just installed Emacs22+Auctex (preview enabled!) on my Win
XP/SP2 system with MikTeX 2.5.  I used the customization procedure
described above (thanks for the explanations!) but could not solve one
mystery:  in compiling multi-file articles, composed of a master file
and some others, the source specials that get added to the dvi file do
not include the file extensions (*.tex); hence, when trying to do
inverse search from YAP, emacs opens a blank new file that has the
correct file name -- without the extension...  I could solve the
problem by modifying the inclusion commands (in the master file) to,
e.g., \input{filename.tex} (as opposed to what I had before:
\input{filename}), but this is "not elegant", and not having the
extensions *did work* in the previous versions of emacs (21.3)+auctex!
My question is, then: how to customize auctex to pass on the file
extensions as well to YAP in the source specials?

Thanks much in advance!
Yaakov.
PS  Maybe this is relevant: I am using gnuserv, and the code added to
my .emacs file is:

(add-to-list 'load-path "c:/emacs/site-lisp/gnuserv/")
(require 'gnuserv)
(gnuserv-start)
(setq gnuserv-frame (selected-frame))