Re: AucTeX 11.83 and MikTeX 2.5

From: Robert McDonald
Subject: Re: AucTeX 11.83 and MikTeX 2.5
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:48:29 GMT

yaakov.oshman@gmail.com wrote:
<snip>

mystery:  in compiling multi-file articles, composed of a master file
and some others, the source specials that get added to the dvi file do
not include the file extensions (*.tex); hence, when trying to do
inverse search from YAP, emacs opens a blank new file that has the
correct file name -- without the extension...  I could solve the
problem by modifying the inclusion commands (in the master file) to,
e.g., \input{filename.tex} (as opposed to what I had before:
\input{filename}), but this is "not elegant", and not having the
extensions *did work* in the previous versions of emacs (21.3)+auctex!
My question is, then: how to customize auctex to pass on the file
extensions as well to YAP in the source specials?

I can confirm the behavior you describe. The status line in Yap identifies the input file without its extension.

Perhaps you should file a bug report on the MikTeX forums? Or see if anyone there has mentioned this?

Bob