Emacs (haskell mode + line highlighting) problem

From: Vyacheslav Akhmechet
Subject: Emacs (haskell mode + line highlighting) problem
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:50:10 -0400

Everyone,

I just upgraded to Emacs 22 (on Windows) and I run into a minor but
very annoying problem with the Haskell mode. I use
highlight-current-line.el script (from
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/highlight-current-line.el) which
works great with Haskell mode on Emacs 21, but on Emacs 22 there is a
visible delay between the time I move the cursor and the time the line
is highlighted. This only happens when I'm in Haskell major mode, it
doesn't appear to happen in other modes.

My knowledge of Emacs is rather limited and I don't know where to
begin debugging this. I suppose it's some timer related issue. Could
you suggest something that may help resolve this problem?

Thank you,
- Slava Akhmechet