Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system (& ...rwindow)

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system (& ...rwindow)
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 13:17:57 -0500

"Mathias Dahl" <brakjoller@gmail.com> wrote in message
upsdmikql.fsf@gmail.com">news:upsdmikql.fsf@gmail.com...
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Looks like the trick we play around line 3005 of w32fns.c isn't
> > working.  What Windows version is that?  Is there someone on this
> > list who can make LWIN-r combo work for them in Emacs, in any
> > version of Windows?
>
> I just tested with emacs -q and it works as for the parent poster,
> i.e. Win+s gives me `search-backward-regexp' but Win+r opens up the
> Run dialog. The same applies for Win+e (open Explorer.exe).
>
> I use CVS Emacs from 2006-03-20 on Windows XP.
>
> /Mathias

I have w98 and w2000 but I have tried it  only on w98 (ver 21.3) so far.
In addition to win-e, win-f, win-d,and win-r, win-m is also a problem
(apparently it is a synonym for win-d, raise the desktop.) The other
unassigned s-<whatever> keychords produce a pleasant ding sound. I will
test it on w-2000 when I get a chance but there I have only version 22.0
installed.

Probably not relevant, but the following work alright:

(global-set-key [(super g)] 'goto-line)
(global-set-key [(super b)] 'bury-buffer)
(global-set-key [(super k)] (lambda () (interactive) (kill-line 0 )))

Ed