Re: Manipulating the modeline

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Re: Manipulating the modeline
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:48:15 -0400

As far as I know, the variable you change is
mode-line-buffer-identification

Here's how I set it for path and file name in the modeline
  (setq-default mode-line-buffer-identification
    '("%S:"(buffer-file-name "%f")))

This has the unwanted side effect of forcing a file name even for
modes that do not involve a specific file (like gnus). It might be a
good place to start looking, however.

- Chris

--
     (.   .)