Spell checking problems (ispell, aspell)

From: Ted
Subject: Spell checking problems (ispell, aspell)
Date: 25 Oct 2006 08:19:04 -0700

I am using a windows binary distribution of Emacs and AUCTeX.

>From the Release notes for Emacs/AUCTeX bundle
=====================================

Package date:   2006-10-10
Emacs version:  22.0.50 (CVS check-out on 2006-10-10)
AUCTeX version: 11.83

When I tried to use spell checking, at first I got an error about
aspell not being found.  I found a Windows binar for that which is a
few years old, and installed it.  Now I get an error message about
ispell not being found.  I have not yet found a Windows binary
distribution for that.

I am using Emacs on Windows XP Pro, the 64 bit edition (the hardware is
a new Acer notebook built around the AMD Turion 64).  For some reason,
I do not yet understand, I have not been able to get Cygwin to install
on this machine, yet it installed fine on my desktop which uses a 32
bit version of Windows XP, if any of this matters in resolving my
present problem.

Can anyone tell me precisely what I need to install in order for spell
checking to work, and where I can find Windows binary distributions
that don't need Cygwin to be installed?

Thanks

Ted