Re: Scrolling problem in Emacs 22.

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Scrolling problem in Emacs 22.
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:20:10 +0100

Am 31.10.2006 um 05:01 schrieb François-Denis Gonthier:

I just compiled a rather recent Emacs snapshot and noticed that,
sadly, it still had the problem that made me stop using it two months
ago.  I have looked over the net for something like this but have
found nothing.

I reported this as a bug some months ago (last year?). Months later RMS sent me an eMail that this hard to find bug was eliminated. (I found it when 'make install' was executing. Lines scroll smoothly until mouse.el* are installed. Then the CPU gets a lot to do and no text is output. After some time text is output again and the cursor jumps back, or such.)

How *recent* is your source code for GNU Emacs 22.0.50? How did you get it? When does that error occur for you? In which buffer and mode? Does it also occur when you launch GNU Emacs with -Q, i.e. no customisation at all? (It might help and accelerate to write a little .emacs-init.el file with particular key bindings or other things you cannot forego, taken from your .emacs file, and invoke GNU Emacs as 'emacs -Q -l ~/.emacs-init.el &')

--
Greetings

  Pete

A blizzard is when it snows sideways.