Re: Re: indentation not working for f90 with upper case DO etc

From: George Nurser
Subject: Re: Re: indentation not working for f90 with upper case DO etc
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:45:43 +0000

On 09/11/06, Glenn Morris <rgm+news@stanford.edu> wrote:
"George Nurser" wrote:

> I find that emacs won't indent f90 files when do /end do ; if
> then/end if etc. are upper case.

Works for me with emacs-21.3 and the current CVS. What version of
Emacs are you using? Please provide a recipe starting from "emacs -q
--no-site-file" that illustrates the problem.

I had the problem with both 22.0.90 and 21.3.1.

With emacs -q --no-site-file the problem disappears.

I traced the cause to a '(case-fold-search nil)
in the custom-set-variables in my .emacs.

If I include (setq case-fold-search t) in the defun my-f90-mode-hook it's OK.

I suppose that it's still a bug (albeit an unimportant one), since
fortran-mode always works.

Many thanks for your help. George Nurser.