Re: Debian/GFDL

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Debian/GFDL
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:21:03 +0100

"Juanma Barranquero" <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:

> On 11/13/06, Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladolidt@terra.es> wrote:
>> Debian's fights are often considered silly from outside Debian's "way
>> of thinking". Nevertheless this way of thinking served creating the
>> best operating system in the world.
>
> I wasn't aware that Debian developers were the designers of VAX/VMS.

You made curious, how could--I assume--an old, probably not further
developed OS be better than our modern OSs?  I guess you've purity or
cleanliness concerning the design in mind, haven't you?  Would it be
advantages even nowadays to run VAX/VMS from a user point of view?

Sorry for my total ignorance of VAX/VMS.

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany