Emacs corrupted

From: DigitalDingo
Subject: Emacs corrupted
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 04:44:44 -0800 (PST)

A couple of days ago I tried to open both Emacs and Maple using the Deskbar
in Ubuntu with the command “emacs & xmaple”. Well, it was a try – and it
didn't work either – and now emacs seems to have been corrupted. Much of the
text is just squares and the menu bar has an ugly large font as you can see
on the screen shots. Also, when I hover the pointer over something, it
should bring up a description, but it just shows squares.
I don't use an .emacs file.

Does anyone know how to correct this?

http://www.nabble.com/file/4959/emacs1.png
http://www.nabble.com/file/4960/emacs2.png