Re: keyboard for emacs?

From: jmg3000
Subject: Re: keyboard for emacs?
Date: 28 Dec 2006 10:36:07 -0800

B. Smith-Mannschott wrote:
> On Dec 27, 2006, at 03:32, Ronald wrote:
>
> > Is today's keyboard suitable for using emacs?
>
> The best keyboard I've found for using emacs has to be my kinesis
> contoured keyboard [1].
>
>    [1] http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/contoured_usb.htm

I'll 2nd that. I saved up and bought one for work and one for home (got
the PS/2 models b/c the USB hadn't been released yet). Using them with
the dvorak layout too. Best gear I ever bought. Hope to never have to

There's an emacswiki page on this keyboard, btw:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/KinesisKeyboard

---John