Re: help system question

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: help system question
Date: 3 Jan 2007 03:25:53 -0800

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: "Robert Thorpe" <rthorpe@realworldtech.com>
> > That doesn't indicate that the official v22.1 should be
> > significantly more bug tested than 22.0.NN ones were.
>
> Who said it's significantly more bug-free?  As someone who
> participates in Emacs pretests since v19.30, I cannot in good faith
> say that the official version is so much more stable than the pretest
> one.

I see.  In that case v22.1 is a reasonable version number to use.

I mentioned this because often projects write great extra features but
their users only find out years/months later when they upgrade to
another new version.  This is because the authors have only incremented
the version number by a small amount the first time, so users don't
notice.  That doesn't sound like what's happening here though.