Re: http-get/post vs url

From: David Hansen
Subject: Re: http-get/post vs url
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:39:59 +0100

On 29 Jan 2007 12:23:37 +0100 Sébastien Vauban wrote:

> Hi David,
>
>>> I wonder if I'm using the best Lisp package for what I want to
>>> do, and I'd like to hear from the experts which one I should
>>> use, for an easy retrieval of HTTP info through get or posts,
>>> independently of the HTTP protocol version.
>>
>> Use url.el.  It's now part of Emacs and actively maintained.
>
> Thank you for your enlightening answer!
>
> But do you know what I can do to further debug or find a
> workaround against those 2 errors I got using `url.el'?
>
>     o   "Saw end of trailers", and
>     o   "HTTP responses in class 1xx not supported (100)".

If you are using url.el from GNU Emacs CVS the best place to
ask would be the emacs developer mailing list.

Otherwise it's probably the best to switch to this version.
AFAIK someone already "fixed" W3 to work with it.  So the
version that comes with GNU Emacs is kind of "official" and
most probably the most used one.

David