Re: pdflatex, emacs in windows....

From: Maarten Bergvelt
Subject: Re: pdflatex, emacs in windows....
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:37:54 +0000 (UTC)

In article <mailman.4754.1171909792.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
<bgm-rao@ieee.org> wrote:

> What do you folks use to convert tex files to pdf in windows? How do I
> set this up to work within emacs?  I am sorry if this isn't the
> correct forum to address this question to.

I assume you have already a TeX installation (e'g. Miktex)

Then use the emacs+auctex bundle, see
http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/

and
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/auctex/emacs+auctex-w32-2007-01-26.zip

In auctex it is a matter of doing

C-c C-c Latex PDF

instead of

C-c C-c Latex

(and there is tab completion, so you don't need to type all of
this). I guess you can also set it up to always use latex pdf instead
of just latex, read the auctex documentation.

Highly recommended.

--
Maarten Bergvelt