Re: Installing new org-mode version

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Installing new org-mode version
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 20:48:13 -0500

> I'm not a newbie on emacs anymore, but i'm having trouble to install
> org-mode :/
> The problem is: there is already an org-mode version distributed with
> emacs (gnu emacs 22 cvs)
> I want to install the last version from the author's site. I cannot do
> a "make install" easily because I am on Winxp.
> I tried just putting the new files on my load-path and doing a load-
> library.
> Even though the right files are being loaded, when I check version
> with command "org-version" I still get 4.56b. (The new version is
> 4.67)

What does M-: (find-library-name "org") RET say?
What's your load-path?  Where's your new org.el?
If that still doesn't explain the problem, then:
where do you modify your load-path in your .emacs?
how/when do you start org-mode?
I.e. give us a more specific step-by-step description of what you do.

        Stefan