Re: big5 only on emacs-nox for Fedora core 6

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: big5 only on emacs-nox for Fedora core 6
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 12:13:42 +0100

Am 06.03.2007 um 10:53 schrieb weihan:

I do not have any font with rgstry as big5 on my Fedora core 6
during installation. I try to ftp some big5 fonts from my old
red hat system and use (1) fc-cache (2)  /etc/init.d/xfs reload
to reload the fonts but still do not see big5 rgstry on xfontsel
program. It seems a long way to go :-(

I think you also need to 'xset fp rehash' ...

I use -Misc-Fixed-Medium-R-Normal--14-130-75-75-C-140-JISX0208.1983-0 to display the Chinese ideographs in your eMails ... I also have some other JISX encoded fonts – on Mac OS X.

--
Greetings

  Pete

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
                                         - Jeremy S. Anderson