Re: About elisp, Lossing data after sort

From: htbest2000
Subject: Re: About elisp, Lossing data after sort
Date: 15 Mar 2007 06:07:46 -0700

On Mar 14, 4:48 pm, Pascal Bourguignon <p...@informatimago.com> wrote:
> "htbest2000" <htbest2...@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Mar 14, 12:39 pm, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> >> Change that to:
>
> >>       (setq list (sort list '<))
>
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> Too late!
>
> But do you understand why you should use (setq list (sort list '<))
> instead of merely (sort list '<)?
>
> --
> __Pascal Bourguignon__http://www.informatimago.comhttp://pjb.ogamita.org

I'm sorry for my post repeatly. I am using google to post on
internet-bar( low speed ), not tin likes clients.

There something wrong in function `random-list', right? I think
the key is: (setq list (cons (random n) list)). But I don't know
why.

Would you(or others) give an reasonable explanation? Thanks