Re: how to change mouse pointer color

From: George Nurser
Subject: Re: how to change mouse pointer color
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:07:09 +0000

On 15/03/07, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de> wrote:

Am 15.03.2007 um 14:05 schrieb George Nurser:

> Still puzzled. --George

And the X defaults? When you create a file ~/.Xdefaults-<host name>
on the machine where the X server runs, the remote X client from
<host name> should read and apply these settings. (I have to admit
that this worked for me with GNU Emacs 21.x and regular X11 without
SSH ...)

Tried this. No dice. perhaps it's an ssh issue then. I had a quick
look at the ssh documentation without getting any information on how
Xdefaults are applied. I don't connect in any different way to the
remote host on whichI can change the pointer color to those on which I
cannot change it.

On the other hand the problem [given that the default pointer color is
also different] may depend on the emacs version. But strange that one
build of 21.3.1 worked and the other did not.

--George.