Glossary for strange terms used in functions ??

From: William Case
Subject: Glossary for strange terms used in functions ??
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:02:26 -0400

Hi;

Just a quick little question.  Don't lose sleep over it.

As I find my way around emacs and rudimentary lisp, I keep coming across
terms used mainly in function or commands like '-hungary-',
'-electric-', '-advertised-'.  It is fairly easy to puzzle out why some
are used.  They convey a description of the purpose or actions of a
command or function -- sort of.  Other terms leave me completely
baffled.

I have checked EmacsWiki and Info.  Their glossaries deal with
definitions of things like 'mark' and 'point', 'buffer' and 'frame'.  I
have used emacs for long enough to understand those.

So my question is; Where can I find a list of explanations for the use
of words like '-hungary-', '-electric-', '-advertised-' etc.?

--
Regards Bill