Re: "source" shell commands

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: "source" shell commands
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:13:51 +0200

Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen@gatech.edu> writes:

Hi Matthew,

>> I'm curious, how are you starting emacs "from outside the shell"?
>
> Maybe I'm missing something big.  I'm using KDE.  Sometimes I start
> emacs from an xterm (Konsole actually), but sometimes I just click a
> shortcut.

KDE executes all files in ~/.kde/env/ on startup, so this is the place
to hook on for setting up an environment. I have a file ~/.profile for
doing that, and in ~/.kde/env/ theres:

,----
| heimdall@baldur ~> cd .kde/env/
| heimdall@baldur ~/./env> ls
| gpg-agent.sh*  source-profile.sh*
| heimdall@baldur ~/./env> cat source-profile.sh
| #!/bin/sh
|
| source ~/.profile
| heimdall@baldur ~/./env>
`----

Bye,
Tassilo
--
People sometimes  ask me if it  is a sin in  the Church of  Emacs to use
vi. Using a free  version of vi is not a sin; it  is a penance. So happy