Re: untabify-region?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: untabify-region?
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 14:22:59 +0200

Am 09.04.2007 um 10:33 schrieb David Combs:

I note that you're using OS-X -- in which the lower
parts of are unix or linux or bsd or something.

(correct?)

FreeBSD 5.0 and Mach 3.0 microkernel.

Does that mean that therefore the entire unix
tools, sh, grep, xargs, ..., are all
available just for the asking -- well,
just waiting for the right incantation?

Yes. The basis of Mac OS X is the free Darwin.

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/
http://www.opendarwin.org/
http://developer.apple.com/opensource/index.html

If so, what *is* this (magic) incantation for
"getting into" eg a bourne shell?

I don't know what you want to read, is it 'man sh' or 'man bash' ?

--
Greetings

  Pete

When people run around and around in circles we say they are crazy. When planets do it we say they are orbiting.