Re: fullscreen mode in xfce4

From: Alexey Pustyntsev
Subject: Re: fullscreen mode in xfce4
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 23:57:17 +1100

Alexander Zhukov <zuav@yandex.ru> writes:

>  AS> In KDE/GNOME how can I pass to fullscreen without restarting the
>  AS> editor with --fullscreen?
>
> In KDE (at least v .3.5.*) you can press left button of your mouse on
> the left upper corner of the Emacs window and there in one of submenus
> (may be even the in first one) you should find magical fullscreen
> command. Then you can try it. It works for me.
>
> Of GNOME I know nothing.
>
> --
> Alexander Zhukov

Isn't that controlled by the window manager being used?
I think, you should find out what window manager you are using and
look through its documentation. You may also try to change your
default window manager.
If you prefer things to go fullscreen all the time, consider using
'Ratpoison'. It's very reliable and simple but if you code and want to
concentrate on the problem Ratpoison may help a lot because it really
prevents your system from deflecting you.

--
Rgds
Alexey

Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 36th day of Discord in the YOLD 3173