Re: pdf or ps from emacs syntax highlighted source code

From: Bauke Jan Douma
Subject: Re: pdf or ps from emacs syntax highlighted source code
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 01:19:59 +0200

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote on 04-05-07 15:00:
Hadron wrote:
Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> writes:

Bauke Jan Douma <bjdouma@xs4all.nl> writes:

Actually -- as soon as I had posted the question here, I came
up with another preferable requisite: a html version of the
syntax highligted code.
See htmlize.el.  Given a buffer, it creates an HTML file that looks
like the buffer, if I understand it correctly.

Damn. That's twice in one thread where Emacs has blown me away. Just
tried this and it works brilliantly with color-themes.

Hey all you guys -- thanks for the tips.  It's been great, I tried
htmlfontify and htmlize and both produce excellent output.
I couldn't have imagined this was so easy (though to my surprise
googling for this doesn't bring the emacs solution that readily).

Finding out new features like this on an application that's been under
your fingertips for years makes emacs and its extensionability (phew)
a gem.

> There is one problem with it though. It has happened to me several times
> that I have tried to edit the html page, thinking that it is Emacs I see
> on the screen.

Know what you mean ;-)

Thanks again y'all!

Bauke Jan Douma