Auto-completion and code browsing

From: Bo Yang
Subject: Auto-completion and code browsing
Date: 17 May 2007 20:02:24 -0700

Hi,
   I am intending to use Emacs as my default editor
in this summer's coding. After struggling for two
days to configure it, I am very disappoint now.
   I make the auto-completion work, but it works very
fooly. Its completion results are stupid. As to the
code browsing module, it even can't jump to the definition
of the funtion I am visiting.
   How disappointing this is! Is there any better way to make
Emacs work more excellent in the this two area?

Regards!

 Bo