Re: emacs on X and screensize

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs on X and screensize
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 15:51:52 +0200

Am 19.05.2007 um 14:53 schrieb Dick Hoogendijk:

Everytime I start emacs (running Xorg) the program takes the total wide
of the screen at startup. so everytime I have to resize the window to
*my* preference. Most programs can save the window state. I would like
this for emacs too.

You can set initial-frame-alist and default-frame-alist, you can put some settings into ~/.Xdefaults (Emacs*geometry: 97x53+111+11), you can pass arguments to GNU Emacs. Try in some terminal:

        emacs --help

--
Greetings

  Pete

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.
                                         - Groucho Marx