Re: no prompt for Octave on Emacs for Windows

From: poti
Subject: Re: no prompt for Octave on Emacs for Windows
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:49:46 -0400

On 21:36 Sun 10 Jun     , Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 00:21:56 -0400
> > From: poti@potis.org
> >
> > I have tried to run the most recent version of Octave for Windows
> > with NTEmacs and EmacsW32. Octave runs fine in a cmd shell. In shell and
> > eshell it launches, but no prompt appears. I can type commands and I
> > get output, but no prompt.
>
> What kind of port is the Octave port you are using?  Is it by any
> chance a Cygwin port?  There are known issues with running Cygwin
> programs as subprocesses of a native Windows port of Emacs.
It is not a Cygwin port. It is an MSVC port. See
http://www.dbateman.org/?page=octave&lang=EN
I will look closer at some of the Cygwin threads
to see if it might be related.

I have now also tried this with
GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
of 2007-06-02 on RELEASE
(on which the graphics, by the way, have lost all their
color depth)
Thanks.
-Poti