Re: NTEmacs + plink

From: poti
Subject: Re: NTEmacs + plink
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 17:44:02 -0400

On 06:21 Thu 17 May     , Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: gamename <namesagame-usenet@yahoo.com>
> > Date: 16 May 2007 18:03:54 -0700
> >
> > I'm trying to use plink for my ssh connections under NTEmacs.
> > Unfortunately, it simply asks for my password over and over again.
> > Eventually, the number of attempts are exceeded and access is
> > denied.
>
> It works for me, but I'm using a pretest of Emacs 22.1 (you didn't say
> what version you have).

Eli, have you done any additional configuration to your shell modes?
I am now using
GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2007-06-02 on RELEASE
 and the problem persists, with shell not working at all and eshell
 requiring C-q <return> .

 Following up a comment in this thread regarding
 comint-watch-for-password-prompt I tried adding this to
 Aplication Data/_emacs, but the problem was not affected.
 (defun shell-mode-settings ()
   (add-hook 'comint-output-filter-functions
             'comint-watch-for-password-prompt nil t)
   (add-hook 'comint-output-filter-functions
   'comint-strip-ctrl-m nil t)
   (setq tab-width 8))

(add-hook 'shell-mode-hook
'shell-mode-settings)

 As a side note, when I do get through with
 eshell, all lines are encased in ^[[00m and similar characters. TERM is
 xterm. Is there a better setting for emacs?