Re: Run Screen in Emacs

From: Emilio Lopes
Subject: Re: Run Screen in Emacs
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:58:54 +0200

Leo  writes:

> How can I run 'screen' in Emacs? I tried it with ansi-term and the
> error is:

> ,----
> | Cannot find terminfo entry for 'eterm-color'.
> `----

> Ideas?

>From the NEWS file:

   ** The Emacs terminal emulation in term.el uses a different terminfo name.
   The Emacs terminal emulation in term.el now uses "eterm-color" as its
   terminfo name, since term.el now supports color.

As the error message says, your system has no terminal description for
"eterm-color".  You can either add it (using 'etc/termcap.src') or try
to set the environment variable TERM to something simple as "vt100" or
"vt220".  Or maybe your system already has an entry for "eterm"?  You
could simply use it in this case.

--
Emílio C. Lopes
Munich, Germany