Re: doc-view.el now allows searching (was: doc-view.el --- View PDF/Post

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: doc-view.el now allows searching (was: doc-view.el --- View PDF/PostStript/DVI files in Emacs)
Date: 31 Aug 2007 11:55:34 GMT

Tassilo Horn wrote:
> Joost Kremers <joostkremers@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> Hi Joost,
>
>>> Thanks, I've fixed both.
>>
>> thank *you* for writing doc-view.el. ;-)
>
> Hey, it's a whole bunch of fun.  I've just finished implementing a new
> feature: Now you can REGEXP-SEARCH in documents.  Please git-pull and
> give it a try.  The commentary explains how to use it.

it works fine, i haven't found any real bugs (yet ;-).

one thing though: the first time you press C-s, the document gets converted
to txt, but once this is done, you're not asked for a search string and no
searching is done. you have to press C-s again to do this. is this
intentional? if so, i must admit it's not very intuitive.

and another thing: would it be possible to inform the user about the
dimensions of the image when slicing with `s s'?

TIA

joost

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com