Re: Building 22.1, on Ubuntu

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Building 22.1, on Ubuntu
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 20:57:06 +0200

Am 08.09.2007 um 17:19 schrieb Dave Pawson:

Success, or a step forward at least.
as root, I'm still getting the text based version. Why? No idea.

Have you X11 running? Have you allowed root to open X clients on your X display? Has root a DISPLAY environment variable set?

Just minor problems left now.
  mouse-wheel support?  Yes, I know. Google it :-)

No: RTFM! That's faster. There is no mouse-wheel support in a terminal emulation. The X client is aware of the mouse-wheel.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. -- Bill Watterson, in his comic strip Calvin and Hobbes