RE: Does emacs have a line numbering feature?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Does emacs have a line numbering feature?
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 13:42:34 -0700

> I will post my my figures on the wiki later. I never edited wiki
> before and don't know to do it now.

There's nothing to it. Click the "Edit this page" link, type your additional
text, click Preview to check that it looks OK, then click Save.

> The crash can be reproduced even I starting emacs with -Q option.
> The file I used to test has 115000 lines and its size is about 15M.
> The error message is: "Emacs Clipboard: emacs.exe -Application
> Error". I use WIN XP SP2 and the computer has 2G memory.
> My emacs version is:
> This is GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
>  of 2007-06-02 on RELEASE

Sounds like it might be a memory problem. But I imagine that Emacs shouldn't
just crash.

If you can narrow this down a bit, that would be good. In any case, please
report it using M-x report-emacs-bug (starting from emacs -Q).