Re: occasional failure to rename

From: knubee
Subject: Re: occasional failure to rename
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 01:54:33 -0700

>  > > > Weird.  Do you use wdired (aka "Edit File Names")?
>  > >
>  > > Yes. As far as I can tell I have the latest version:  1.9.2pre3
>
> Emacs 22.1 has version 2.0.  What are your Emacs version and operating
> system?

Ah, that solved it! I have 22.1 on ubuntu -- but I still had the old
version of wdired in my local elisp directory, so the new version in
the distrubution was being shadowed. removing the old wdired file
fixed things.

Is there a straightforward way of comparing which packages one has
loaded locally versus those that have been incorporated into the
distribution?