My emacs was upgraded and I am a novice again

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: My emacs was upgraded and I am a novice again
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:22:15 -0700

The main novice problem is that I cannot get out of novice mode.
It does not seem to matter that I've been using emacs for 20 years.
``appropos novice'' yields nothing.  I suppose I could go hunting
around the file system to find where "novice.el" is hidden, but
I really don't want to do that.  I just want all these nonsense
"novice" confirmation junk turned off and I want it easy to find.
Why is that too much to ask?  :(

OK.  I've vented now.  Would someone please be kind enough to
tell me how to shut down the novice stuff completely?  Thank you.

P.S. This appears to not be everything anymore:

(put 'narrow-to-region 'disabled nil)
(put 'upcase-region 'disabled nil)
(put 'downcase-region 'disabled nil)
(put 'set-goal-column 'disabled nil)
(setq inhibit-startup-message t)
(setq next-line-add-newlines nil)
(setq default-major-mode 'indented-text-mode)
(setq split-window-keep-point nil)
(setq minibuffer-max-depth nil)
(setq vc-mistrust-permissions nil)
(setq line-number-mode 't)