Re: Planner-el problem

From: Matthias
Subject: Re: Planner-el problem
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 12:58:06 +0200

trepca@gmail.com schrieb:
Hi,

I'm new to Emacs and just installed planner-el mode few days ago.
There seems to be a weird problem with it though. Whenever I start
emacs and run planner via "M-x plan" I get this error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument symbolp (quote
beginning-of-line))
  font-lock-compile-keywords(nil)
  font-lock-set-defaults()
  font-lock-mode-internal(t)
  font-lock-default-function(t)
  font-lock-mode()
  turn-on-font-lock()
  turn-on-font-lock-if-enabled()
  global-font-lock-mode-enable-in-buffers()
  run-hooks(after-change-major-mode-hook)

[snip]

As far as i know this is a "Backtrace" and the top functions indicate that font-lock is misbehaving. Since it looks as if you have global-font-lock mode turned on, you may try to load planner.el without global-font-lock mode? btw did you google? There seems to be a related message on planner-el-discuss mailing list. You can read there, that this problem is known to exist with emacs22 and planner.el. [1]

matt

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/planner-el-discuss@gna.org/msg00555.html