Re: How to build a smaller emacs

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: How to build a smaller emacs
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:17:00 -0400

I think your real question is: How do I get emacs to start faster?

If so, the standard solution is to run emacs as a server (e.g. gnuserv) and
only start the server once per session.  My emacs server process typically
runs for months at a time, so whether it takes 1 or 10 seconds to start
no longer
matters.