Re: binding a command and a parameter

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: binding a command and a parameter
Date: 14 Oct 2007 17:57:08 GMT

Nikola Skoric wrote:
> Dana Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:26:33 +0000 (UTC),
> Nikola Skoric <nick-news@net4u.hr> kaze:
>> Dana Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:57:02 +0000 (UTC),
>> Maarten Bergvelt <bergv@math.uiuc.edu> kaze:
>>> You should not need to type Latex, just hit return.
>>
>> That works if the last command I used was latex. But, sometimes I also use
>> bibtex... And, I'd really like to bind that whole combination to something.
>
> Hm, no, if I don't hit return, it invokes xdvi. So, I do have to type latex.

AUCTeX provides a default based on the current state of the document
compilation. the default is latex if the .tex file is newer than the dvi
file (or pdf, if you're using pdflatex), but if the dvi file is up-to-date,
the default is xdvi (or whatever viewer you've defined, or AUCTeX finds
suitable).

however, the prompt sports TAB-completion, so all you really need to type
to get latex is just `l', then hit RETURN.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)