Re: first emacs lisp script: hello world

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: first emacs lisp script: hello world
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 13:04:59 -0500

"Stewart Haddock" <SHaddock@corp.web.com> writes:

> All right.. Here comes the new guy.
>
> I downloaded emacs, but I can not figure out how to create a hello
> world script and run it.  I know this is incredibly basic, but when
> you are doing this stuff by yourself it is not always obvious.  Can
> someone point the way?

Have you tried the tutorial?  If you're really interested in Emacs Lisp,
see
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs-lisp-intro/html_mono/emacs-lisp-intro.html.
It should also be included as an info file in your installation (as long
as you installed Emacs 22 or above).  [f1] i should get you the info
browser.

HTH
Joel

--