Re: Mac OS and Unicode

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: Mac OS and Unicode
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 23:54:38 +0100

+ Florian Lindner <Florian.Lindner@xgm.de>:

> Well, even if I use the terminal (which has the locale set) to start
> emacs it does not work.

Hmm.  Well, if so it won't help to set the environment variable by other
means.  Just to be sure, you can check the variable "process-environment"
in emacs to check if LANG (if that's the one you're using) is set.  You
check it using C-h v process-environment RET.

> Furthermore I haven't found the preference pane you were talking about
> neither is ~/.MacOSX existing.

Sorry, I should have made myself clear.  That preference pane is not
standard on Mac OS X.  You'll have to download it from the net and
install it.  Google should find it for you.  ~/.MacOSX does not usually
exist either, but RCEnvironment will create it and the environment.plist
file inside it.  (You can edit it by hand, or use the property list
editor, but that requires a bit of knowledge - which can also be gotten
from the net, but using RCEnvironment is easier.)

  -- Bertrand Russell