Re: Mac OS X load path

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Mac OS X load path
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:10:32 +0100

Am 18.02.2008 um 15:07 schrieb Dmitrijs Ledkovs:

I don't understand why there is same directory tree in /usr/share and /usr/ocal/share.

Also I don't understand why do I have 4 site-lisp directories.

Because you've overwritten Apple's GNU Emacs 21.2 and you've installed some 22.1 version.

I advertise /Library/Application\ Support/Emacs, which somehow has to do with how Mac OS X handles extras, i.e. "Application Support" via -- enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application\ Support/Emacs at configuration time. If you don't want to use this extra directory, then check the value of load-path. Could be your Emacsen share one directory like /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp.

--
Greetings

  Pete

To most people solutions mean finding the answers. But to chemists solutions
are things that are still all mixed up.